- Calling all Maryland Responders!
Join us on June 19th for the Maryland Responds Medical Reserve Corps 2015 Conference.
a Maryland Responder, you understand that disaster can strike at a
moment’s notice and your knowledge and skills can save lives. Whether
you are a new member, Responder-in-Training, or a full-fledged Ready
Responder, join us to celebrate the story of Maryland Responds and hear
from top experts on public health and emergency management best
2015 Maryland Responds Conference offers a full day of speakers,
presentations, activities and hands-on exhibitions that provide an
opportunity for professional development, continuing education credit
(pending board approvals), networking, and recognition.
Not a Maryland Responder? Join today!
- 2014-2015 Summary Cold-related Illness Surveillance Report Released, April 1, 2015
- Home Care Emergency Preparedness Network: Do you represent a home health, hospice or home medical equipment provider? Join the Emergency Preparedness Network today to receive regular updates and information that will be useful for your employees, patients and their families.
- New: Radiation Emergencies Web page provides information on different types of radiation emergencies, as well as downloadable fact sheets on dirty bombs, improvised nuclear devices and other radiation emergencies.
- Emergency Supply Kit Checklist, pandemic flu, ricin and cold weather fact sheets now available in 8 different languages -- Chinese (Traditional),
French, Haitian-Creole, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog and
Vietnamese. Visit our Be Prepared page and click on the right sidebar to select a language.
- We're now on Twitter! Follow us @MarylandOPR
- The Office of Preparedness and Response is now on Facebook! Like us at www.facebook.com/MarylandOPR!
- MD Responds MRC Wins National Communications Awards: The MD Responds Medical Reserve Corps, administered by the Office of Preparedness and Response, recently earned two nationally-recognized awards. Over 250 entries were received in 17 categories at the National Public Health Information Coalition (NPHIC) Awards of Excellence in Public Health Communications. The MD Responds Online Orientation Course received a Gold Medal in the Webcasts/Podcasts/Web-based training category: http://www.nphic.org/awards-internet-webcasts-winners. The Volunteer Newsletter received a Silver Medal in the newsletter category: http://www.nphic.org/awards-print-newsletters-winners. For more information about MD Responds, visit http://mdr.dhmh.maryland.gov.
- Maryland's Preparedness and Response office shares winter safety tips (January 6, 2015)
- Maryland Reports First Cold-Related Deaths This Winter; Weekly Cold Weather Health Reports Begin for Season (December 17, 2014)
- September is National Preparedness Month: Join the MD Responds MRC and Help Your Community Be Prepared 09/02/14
- DHMH Announces First Heat Deaths of the Season 06/25/14
- DHMH Secretary Directs Health Care Providers and Local Health Departments to Report Suspected Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) Cases, Take Protective Measures, 06/16/14
- DHMH Reminds Marylanders to Stay Safe in Hot Weather: State Begins Heat Monitoring and Reporting June 4, 06/05/14
- GOVERNOR O’MALLEY URGES MARYLAND RESIDENTS TO REMAIN VIGILANT DURING PERIODS OF EXTREMELY COLD TEMPERATURES (January 6, 2014)
- DHMH Begins Extreme Cold Weather Monitoring and Reporting; First hypothermia-related death for the season confirmed, 12/04/13
- First Maryland Influenza Case of 2013-14 Season Confirmed, 10/03/13
- DHMH Tests Public Health Emergency Plans in Statewide Exercise; September is National Preparedness Month, 09/26/13
- DHMH Announces First Heat Death of the Season, 07/03/13
- DHMH Reminds Marylanders to Stay Safe in Hot Weather: State Will Begin Heat Monitoring and Reporting, 05/29/13
- Other DHMH News
How to Conduct Facility Tracking Using Google Apps, July 2013 DHMH Blog
Pandemic and All-Hazards Reauthorization Act Passed by Congress and Signed by the President, March 2013