- MD Responds MRC Wins National Communications Awards: The MD Responds Medical Reserve Corps, administered by the Office of Preparedness and Response, recently earned two nationally-recognized awards. Over 250 entries were received in 17 categories at the National Public Health Information Coalition (NPHIC) Awards of Excellence in Public Health Communications. The MD Responds Online Orientation Course received a Gold Medal in the Webcasts/Podcasts/Web-based training category: http://www.nphic.org/awards-internet-webcasts-winners. The Volunteer Newsletter received a Silver Medal in the newsletter category: http://www.nphic.org/awards-print-newsletters-winners. For more information about MD Responds, visit http://mdr.dhmh.maryland.gov.
- We're now on Twitter! Follow us @MarylandOPR
- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS)
- Did you know? The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offers a weekly email newsletter that provides information on a variety of health topics. Sign up for the newsletter here.
- New: Emergency Supply Kit Checklist, pandemic flu and cold weather fact sheets available on the Be Prepared page.
- Maryland Prepares Mobile App from the Maryland Emergency Management Agency
- Now available: the 2013-2014 Maryland Flu Plan
- OP&R now has fact sheets in 8 different languages -- Chinese (Traditional), French, Haitian-Creole, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog and Vietnamese. Visit our Be Prepared page and click on the right sidebar to select a language.
- The Office of Preparedness and Response is now on Facebook! Like us at www.facebook.com/MarylandOPR!
- H7N9 Flu information from the CDC
- H3N2v Swine Flu information from the CDC
How to Conduct Facility Tracking Using Google Apps, July 2013 DHMH Blog
Pandemic and All-Hazards Reauthorization Act Passed by Congress and Signed by the President, March 2013