- New: Radiation Emergencies Web page provides information on different types of radiation emergencies, as well as downloadable fact sheets on dirty bombs, improvised nuclear devices and other radiation emergencies.
- Emergency Supply Kit Checklist, pandemic flu, ricin and cold weather fact sheets now available in 8 different languages -- Chinese (Traditional),
French, Haitian-Creole, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog and
Vietnamese. Visit our Be Prepared page and click on the right sidebar to select a language.
- We're now on Twitter! Follow us @MarylandOPR
- The Office of Preparedness and Response is now on Facebook! Like us at www.facebook.com/MarylandOPR!
- MD Responds MRC Wins National Communications Awards: The MD Responds Medical Reserve Corps, administered by the Office of Preparedness and Response, recently earned two nationally-recognized awards. Over 250 entries were received in 17 categories at the National Public Health Information Coalition (NPHIC) Awards of Excellence in Public Health Communications. The MD Responds Online Orientation Course received a Gold Medal in the Webcasts/Podcasts/Web-based training category: http://www.nphic.org/awards-internet-webcasts-winners. The Volunteer Newsletter received a Silver Medal in the newsletter category: http://www.nphic.org/awards-print-newsletters-winners. For more information about MD Responds, visit http://mdr.dhmh.maryland.gov.
How to Conduct Facility Tracking Using Google Apps, July 2013 DHMH Blog
Pandemic and All-Hazards Reauthorization Act Passed by Congress and Signed by the President, March 2013